If you’re injured as a result of an occupational accident and are unable to work, then there’s a good chance you’ll be looking at a significant financial loss.

With personal accident cover, you will be paid a benefit whilst you recuperate, meaning you won’t have to worry about those food bills, the mortgage, or any of the other things you might take for granted when you’re working and earning money.

Should your accident leave you with a permanent disability, or cause your death, then a lump sum is usually paid out. An occupational accident may include the following: injury while working from your home office, injury on site or at a client’s office, or injury while travelling to or from a client’s site or your own home office.

As an employee you would be looked after by the company you work for should you have an accident, but it’s important to remember that as a freelancer you may lose your contract if you cannot work and subsequently, your income.

Example Claim 

You have a car accident while driving to your client’s office. Your injury means you cannot work for a prolonged period. You can claim a weekly benefit to help cover your costs whilst recovering.


P.S. We've partnered with Kingsbridge Insurance to offer YJ freelancers a 10% discount off their policy premium with Kingsbridge (UPDATE: 20% for the month of August 2017).

The package includes:

  • Full cover in one package
  • Cover for previous work (up to six years)
  • Business insurance that acts as a key IR35 indicator
  • A tax deductible expense, paid monthly

To find out more about the cover available or get a quote, head to the benefits section when logged into your YJ profile.

Did this answer your question?